[sixties-l] Re: Beverly Axelrod

From: PNFPNF@AOL.COM
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 17:53:57 EDT

    My appreciation to Roz Payne for informing us of Beverly Axelrod's death. I
    remember Ms. Axelrod was one of the Council for Justice attorneys who in
    1965-68 (dates are my approximation) worked with the NFW/UFW, with many
    antiwar demonstrations, etc., in the Bay Area. In summer 1967, she addressed
    us, I recall, in an evening meeting/preparation for a c.d. protest (a few
    months before the Stop the Draft Week ones) down at the Oakland Induction
    Center; she was inspiring, encouraging, and remarkable. We will miss her.
    Paula