[sixties-l] electrical bananas

From: John C Mcmillian (mcmill@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 17:29:07 EST

    So I'm wondering how many people on this list ever tried getting high from
    smoking the insides of a dried-out banana peel? This was a fad that
    seems to have come and gone rather quickly in the spring of 1967 (part of
    the inspiration for Donovan's "Mellow Yellow"). Moreover, if anyone
    knows any references or discussions of this - in literature, 60s memoirs,
    the underground press, or some such - I'd be grateful if you could pass it
    along?

    Many thanks,
    John