Re: [sixties-l] Lying by Deconcontextualizing-- LBJ's Tape on C-SPAN

From: Carrol Cox (cbcox@ilstu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 10:35:23 EST

    Jesse Lemisch wrote:

    > This seems a useful correction. But are we sure this terminology didn't have
    > Soviet origins?
    >
    > Jesse Lemisch
    >
    > --

    Interesting. If it did, would that give body to my image of coach dogs
    as source of running dogs? Or is it a hunting image? When and where did
    dog racing originate? Part of the popularity of the phrase for '60s
    activists must have been its catchy rhythm in English. It rolls
    trippingly off the tongue.

    Carrol