[sixties-l] CIA Boss Tenet Coming to OU

From: Sorrento95@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 18:01:29 EST

    Today's Oklahoma Daily reports that OU President David Boren's pal, CIA boss George Tenet, will be speaking at OU at a Middle East conference on April 3. Several other big shots will also be on hand. As many highly-paid VIP speakers have done in earlier years, they will all sing Boren's praises and then stick out their
    hands for handsome honoraria.

    Tenet deserves to be greeted with some tough questions. For example, according to French Intelligence, as reported by LeFigaro, Bin Laden was a patient in the American hospital in Dubai for ten days in July, two months before the 9/11 attack. The CIA was right there in the hospital and let him slip away. Why?

    Before this we had been told that Bin Laden was responsible for the attacks on American embassies in Africa. If that is true, why didn't they capture
    him when they had an easy opportunity?

    Are they just incompetent fools, or is the conspiricist view correct that the U.S. military and intelligence establishment thrives on war and likes to nourish our enemies for a while just to keep things stirred up?

    A few weeks ago I questioned local CIA "scholar in residence" David Edger about this when he was giving a public talk at OU. His response was to scowl and
    say "never heard of it." Then he added: "doesn't mean it didn't happen." Then he dismissed me quickly by pointing to another questioner.

    Not long ago Boren, who used to be Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee until his surprise 1994 resignation from the Senate, told an OU audience that he and Tenet were "not totally shocked" by the 9/11 attack. That is coming close to saying that they could have predicted it. That being the case, why didn't Boren and his community of spook buddies mobilize their vast resources to prevent the attack?

    Shortly after the attack, TIME magazine described Boren as Tenet's "mentor." When Bush became president, Boren convinced him to keep Tenet on as CIA boss.

    For more information, links, and references, go here:

    http://members.aol.com/mpwright9/boren2.html

    For historical context, I invite list members to see the book Day of Deceit, by former Navy officer Robert Stinnett. He spent years researching obscure
    military archives to make his case: that the U.S. government, desiring to overwhelm pacifist and isolationist opinions within the American public,
    deliberately provoked Japan to attack Pearl Harbor.

    Go here for a book review:

     http://www.liberty-tree.org/ltn/dayofdeceit.html

     -- Michael Wright
        Norman, Oklahoma