Re: [sixties-l] [change-links] Huey P

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 20:36:11 EST

    I saw the film last year at a special showing in Oakland, and Smith's
    portrayal of Huey was remarkable, if romanticized. However, one's
    opinion of Newton depended on what one knew of him and the role he
    played both in building and later destroying the Panthers and their
    legacy, which folks like David Horowitz and Kate Coleman, among others,
    have capitalized on. It is not, however, to be confused with a true
    history of the BPP.

    Jeff Blankfort