Re: [sixties-l] Russian-Jewish Fascists

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:04:04 EST

    For those who believe I might be exaggerating my description of the
    Russian Jews who emigrated to Israel, led by the so-called "prisoners of
    Zion", as fascist, this article in today's Ha'aretz offers further
    proof. Of course, the real prisoners of Zion are the Palestinians who
    the Russian Jewish immigrants would like to eradicate.

    Allow me an irony. When I was a young activist many moons ago, I was
    frequently told that "if you don't like it here, go back to Russia."
    Although my grandparents on my mother's side did come from Russia, the
    remark had more to do with my politics than the native land of my
    mother's ancestors or that I was Jewish. Now, one of the solutions that
    I have to facilitate the Palestinians the right of return to their
    homeland, is to send the Russian Jewish immigrants to Israel back to theirs.

    Jeff Blankfort

    >Israeli-Russian journalist calls for castration as anti-terror step

    By Lily Galili

    Haaretz
    January 28, 2002

    An article calling for the castration of Israeli Arabs as a means of
    fighting terrorism was published last week in the leading
    Israeli-Russian daily Novosti. The article, called "How To Force
    Them To Leave" and written by Marian Belenki, one of the paper's
    prominent journalists, said that the threat of castration may be
    strong enough to encourage the Arabs to leave the country.

    The author also proposed that the Chinese method for lowering birth
    rates be implemented in Israel for the Arab population in order to
    lower their birth rates. According to this method, people who have
    more than one child are deprived of various benefits, lose their
    jobs, and are under threat of exile. Cash prizes for young men who
    voluntarily agree to the castration will also be provided, according
    to the proposed method.

    The paper's editor, Leonid Petorkovsky, said the publication of the
    article was a grave mistake, explaining that the editors overlooked
    the contents of the article and checked only grammar and spelling.
    He added that after the publication of the article, the paper
    published a condemnation of the piece, and suspended the editor
    responsible for three months.

    However, what is even more surprising than the fact that the piece
    got published, is that the paper did not receive any responses from
    readers or public representatives of the Russian community. It
    should be noted that the paper is one of two leading dailies of the
    Russian community in Israel.>

    SNIP