Re: sixties@lists.village [sixties-l] "Sara Jane Olsons" Pathetic Tears (fwd >

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 02:24:19 EST

    Jamie Glazov is the latest proof that virtually every public person who
    was characterized in the West as a "prisoner of Zion" in the USSR was
    little more than a fascist, and in this case that term applies to the
    offspring. Hopefully, an accounting will be written one day about these
    folks, the most notable being Natan Shransky, the head of the right-wing
    racist Russian Jewish immigrant movement in Israel which supports
    Sharon's hard line on the Palestinians.

    I know Sara Jane and have interviewed her twice, and so find this
    article by the wretched creature Glazov impossible to read to the end.
    Unfortunately, she followed the direction of her ego-driven dope lawyer
    Tony Serra, and copped to a guilty plea because Serra didn't think she
    would have a chance at a jury trial following 9/11. When she tried to
    change her plea, the openly biased judge refused.

    At the same time, I was one of those, who with good reason suspected the
    SLA to have been a government set-up at the time, one that dragged in
    well-meaning but largely inexperienced and naive young whites who were
    anxious to atone for centuries of white racism which also was being
    played out at the time in the Vietnam War.

    What convinced me from the beginning was not only Cinque's call for all
    revolutionary groups to get together under his direction, but his
    lengthy police record in LA which indicated that he had been arrested on
    numerous occasions, even once with a bomb, but hadn't done any time. It
    was clearly the record of a police snitch. Some weeks later, an LAPD
    official acknowledged that DeFreeze (Cinque) had, in fact, been an
    informer for the LAPD, but he wasn't anymore. The killing of the black
    superintendent Marcus Foster was another tip-off, for the "crime" of
    wanting Oakland students to have IDs! That was a move really designed to
    win over the people.

    Then, what could be more conspicuous than bringing a bunch of white
    folks into the ghetto of LA, in the same area when DeFreeze had been the
    snitch. Very strange. There's more, but that's enough for now.

    But right now, Sara Jane has been scapegoated, and though I don't know
    the others who are being retried, I suspect the days of witchhunts are
    again upon us.

    Jeff Blankfort .