Re: [sixties-l] George Harrison, India,& Caste Society

From: Ted Morgan (epm2@lehigh.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 11:12:54 EST

    A thought on Michael's post. It seems he's equating Harrison's embrace
    (if true) of Hinduism with some horrific practices engaged in by the
    organized Hindu religion. On those kinds of grounds, wouldn't we have
    to condemn Martin Luther King for the horrific practices of organized
    Christianity over the years, etc. etc? The question as I see it is,
    what kind of life did Harrison lead, was he committed to social justice,
    etc.
    Ted Morgan