Re: [sixties-l] pork chop nationalism

From: Jim Retherford (jreth@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 19:18:03 EST

    >In a message dated 12/14/01 3:25:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    >owner-sixties-l-digest@lists.village.virginia.edu writes:
    >
    ><< I remember reading a Black Panther booklet which described Ron Karenga's
    >style of activism as "pork chop nationalism." I think the writer was Huey
    >Newton. Does anyone else remember this?
    > >>

    >After reading and indexing all the fbi cointelpro docs on panthers i found
    >many docs written by the fbi that said that when the fbi wrote phony docs
    >about bpp and us fbi agents shoould always use the words "pork chop karanga
    >as he hated to be called pork chop. roz payne
    --------------------------------------
    Thanks, Roz, for adding this much-needed perspective. The FBI once
    started their own "underground" newspapers in Austin and Indianapolis
    in order to try to discredit the Rag and the paper I then edited in
    Bloomington. These "dirty tricks" campaigns were often chillingly
    effective at creating divisiveness, paranoia, and sometimes
    internecine violence.

    Jim Retherford

    James Retherford
    Communications Designer