Re: [sixties-l] FYI: 3 anti-Karenga/Kwanzaa articles (fwd)

From: Frank Smith (fsmith@kanokla.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 04:55:59 EST

    Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:34:08 -0800
    From: radtimes <resist@best.com>
    Subject: FYI: 3 anti-Karenga/Kwanzaa articles (leads pasted below)
    ==============================
    Does anyone but me chafe at this racist crap posted on this website? Mona
    Charen is a neandertal hack, a former White House speechwriter for the
    Alzheimer's poster boy, Ronnie Raygun, and staunch defender of her
    predecessor in the post, Pat Buchanan. Grigg and Mulshine also occupy
    themselves as spin merchants for the Ultra Right. They spend much of their
    waking hours, it appears, whining about how poorly white Amerika is treated
    by black America. It should be obvious to any reader who has dragged
    themselves through these supposedly original commentaries, that two of these
    bozos have plagarized the other, or someone else, as a source. For
    Christmas, I hope they get a life.

    I don't personally care whether one religion adopts the mythology of its
    predecessors: Christians can adopt the pagan solstice festivals for their
    own, and build little fantasy houses with donkeys and wise men visiting the
    creche. Jews can inflate Channukah to take the place of the goyishe
    Christmas. What difference does it make? Does age give these earlier myths
    some special place or credibility? But Jewish World and Hearst reporter
    Charen takes blacks to task for inventing their own fables, and whites for
    not disrespecting whatever fantasies in which their black brethren want to
    indulge themselves.

    I don't even care if Long Beach College hires a former lunatic convicted
    torturer as a department head. I wouldn't do it myself unless he were
    contrite and properly medicated, but I'm not the university police, a role
    the Bush family's friends have increasingly taken to, after 30 years in the
    closet. But some of the stuff in these columns is just plain stupid, and
    has no purpose except to try to make white people disrespect those of other
    colors.

    Who cares if there is a black pledge to an African flag? What difference
    does it make? The Pledge of Allegiance, for goodness sake, was invented by
    a flag manufacturer a bit more than 100 years ago as a sales gimmick.
    "Under God" was invented by some pious hypocrite and inserted about 40 years
    ago as a dare to all those who have read Paine's "Common Sense." And if
    the poster on the '60s site thinks that mouthing those pieties will erase
    all memory of the theft of Indian lands and centuries of slavery, and will
    obscure the fact that we have two million mostly black people in jail,
    mostly for bullshit, GOD BLESS their acephalic butts. "Liberty and Justice"
    my ass.

    A tangential and gratuitous slam at a talent who can and does write circles
    around them, Amiri Baraka stands out for its stupidity.

    Some of their criticism is particularly hilarious. They condemn a festival
    including fruits as unseasonal, therefore somehow inappropriate. Well, I
    hope someone points them to a map and asks how long winter lasts in
    equatorial Africa. And I dare them to eat a persimmon before first frost.

    I find it particularly interesting that the joined-at-the-hip screeds even
    diss decent sentiments as if they were some sort of drug induced abberation.
    So what, exactly is wrong with the following?
        Umoja (unity); Kujichagulia (self-determination), which refers to
    afrocentricity; Ujima (collective work and responsibility); Ujamaa
    (cooperative economics), "essentially a commitment to the practice of shared
    social wealth"; Nia (purpose), which refers to "collective vocation" for
    black people; Kuumba (creativity); and Imani (faith).

    Well, I guess that they don't express proper respect for the culture of
    greed, so typified by Bush, Charen, Mulshine, Grigg and, I suppose, Gordon
    Gecko (sp?) (s) E-1

    Happy Kwanzaa
    <http://www.frontpagemag.com/archives/racerelations/mulshine12-27-99p.htm>
    by Paul Mulshine
    December 24, 1999
    ON DECEMBER 24, 1971, the New York Times ran one of the first of many
    articles on a new holiday designed to foster unity among African Americans.
    The True Spirit of Kwanza=========
    <http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1999/12-20-99/vo15no26_kwanzaa.htm>
    by William Norman Grigg
    Vol. 15, No. 26
    December 20, 1999
    Among Bill Clinton's numerous despicable distinctions is the fact that he
    is the first occupant of the Oval Office to extend official recognition to
    the ersatz holiday called "Kwanzaa,".... The Spirit of Kwanzaa
    <http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/charen123097.html>
    by Mona Charen
    December 30, 1997
    The International Black Buyers and Manufacturers Expo and Conference, an
    association representing more than 1,000 black-owned businesses, A quick
    Lexis-Nexis search of Kwanzaa stories in major newspapers