Re: [sixties-l] FYI: 3 anti-Karenga/Kwanzaa articles (fwd)

From: Sorrento95@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 23:48:30 EST

    I remember reading a Black Panther booklet which described Ron Karenga's style of activism as "pork chop nationalism." I think the writer was Huey Newton. Does anyone else remember this?

    I also recall that the "Maulana" once was hosted at OU with an honorarium. I think this was in the early 70s.

    I wonder to what extent the Maulana's "teachings" are incorporated into contemporary black studies programs at universities.

    Can we blame the Maulana for gangsta rap ?

     -- Michael Wright
        Norman, Oklahoma