Re: [sixties-l] the port huron statement (fwd)

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 22:24:29 EST

    Drieux: That's a very fine response. Bill Mandel

    drieux wrote:

> [...]

    My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999),
    is designed for the general reader. If you teach in the social sciences,
    consider it for course use. It was written as a social history of the
    U.S. for the past three-quarters of a century through the eyes of a
    participant observer in most progressive social movements (I'm 84),
    and of the USSR from the standpoint of a Sovietologist (five earlier
    books) knowing that country longer than any other in the profession.
    Therefore it is also a history of the Cold War. Positive reviews
    in The Black Scholar, American Studies in Scandinavia, San Francisco
    Chronicle, etc. Introduction by Howard Zinn. Chapters are up at
    http://www.billmandel.net where you may also hear/see my defiant
    testimonies before Sen. Joe McCarthy in 1953 and the House Un-American
    Activities Committee in 1960. Available through all normal channels.
    Autographed copies may be obtained from me for $23 postpaid at 4500
    Gilbert St. Apt. 426, Oakland, CA. 94611.
                                                    William Mandel