Re: [sixties-l] Which AntiWar?

From: drieux (drieux@wetware.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 09:32:40 EST

    On Sunday, November 25, 2001, at 08:36 , Jeffrey Blankfort wrote:
    [..]
    > Please don't ask me to recommend the sites because I don't keep track.
    > If you want to fight the single document that most indicts the US as an
    > imperialist nation, I would recommend the Congressional Record of July
    > 26 or July 29, 1969.
    [..]

    why not the simpler course - and check out what happened to the kingdom
    of Hawai'i - or does that complicate the rhetoric a bit - since it is
    not about some event in the past where america is no longer engaged, but
    a place where america is very much engaged....

    The point remains - it is amusing to watch folks who 'alledge' to be
    against war, find it totally acceptable to support any other military
    operation, as long as it is not american. So far, that remains the
    summary of what I have heard from you. If there was something else
    that you were trying to get across - please work on it.

    Which of course complicates your rhetoric of 'anti-imperialism' - since
    if you are still unable, and unwilling, to take up arms against this
    evil imperialist nation, the question remains - Why? are you hoping that
    someone else will take up arms and end this horror?

    ciao
    drieux

    ---