Re: [sixties-l] An Act of War?

From: Uriah768@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 01:03:50 EST

    In a message dated 11/20/2001 6:35:26 PM Central Standard Time,
    epm2@lehigh.edu writes:

    > I don't know if he has taken Allen out of context in ridiculing his
    > Bush-blaming (though I suspect this, too, is the case), but I will argue
    > that those who blame Bush for all of this mess ARE, in fact, missing the
    > boat. Brad is correct that it does spread over a far broader range of
    > history, going back (at least) to the early part of this century when
    > European colonialists carved up the Middle East. Try READING the Left
    > on the current struggle; check out zmag.org for a variety of
    > commentaries from the left, for example. There ought to be room for
    > more than a caricature of argument on this list.
    >
    > Ted Morgan

    Point well taken, Ted...and I agree that we should have more than caricature
    of argument around here. Thanks for the intelligent response. I need to
    make sure that my own responses show as much thought.

    Brad L. Duren
    Instructor of History
    Oklahoma Panhandle State University
    213 Hamilton Hall