Re: [sixties-l] Todd Gitlin on the war (fwd)

From: Marty Jezer (mjez@sover.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 00:06:24 EST

    What's this, the gang of two or the gang of four has read Gitlin out of the
    movement; not that he'd care. But the movement never spoke with one voice,
    despite the efforts of those who believed it only spoke properly in their
    voice. Gitlin comes out of a similar experience as most veterans of the
    sixties and has always, to my mind, been thoughtful even if sometimes right
    or sometimes wrong. A movement that can't take criticism, much less read
    it, is already brain dead; a cadaver rather than a movement.

    Marty Jezer