Re: [sixties-l] Museum buys civil rights bus (fwd)

From: monkerud (monkerud@cruzio.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:21:29 EST

    I saw this article too and someone needs to do a rebutal to the often
    mention, "the start of the civil rights movement." As we all well
    know, the civil rights movement began way before this and Rosa Parks
    was no brushing spring bride to the movement. It's necessary that
    people know that it takes people like Rosa Parks were were determined
    and had been fighting for a long time before she refused to give her
    seat up. Her cause was quite unpopular at the time... as many causes
    are currently unpopular. Only in retrospect will people see how
    primitive we are today... what is this the 22nd day of bombing?

    best, Don