[sixties-l] Re: "Aid and Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Vietnam (fwd)

From: Frank Smith (fsmith@kanokla.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 12:19:17 EST

    This below seems like an odd post for a " 'Sixties' list."

    sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu wrote:
    > PRE-PUBLICATION NOTICE
    > "Aid and Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Vietnam
    > McFarland & Co. is now accepting pre-publication orders for "Aid and
    > Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Vietnam.

    I looked at their website and the authors have apparently spent
    their entire adult existence worrying about Jane Fonda. The
    world goes to hell, and they're afraid that Jane has yet to be
    properly branded with a scarlet "T" or whatever.

    Their publisher, and I can't tell if it's a Vanity Press, though
    I'd guess it is, doesn't do self-help books. Too bad, because I
    could suggest a title for the "Aid.." authors: "Get a life,
    Fonda haters."

    I get a stupid, patently implausible "pieces of paper" posting
    about Fonda every year. This year I finally looked it up (last
    year I tried to call the supposed author, and the listed number
    wasn't working, nor could I find him on a website). It's
    thoroughly bogus, of course, in its most sordid details.

    fs
    Kansas