[sixties-l] Re: antiwar

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 17:54:44 EDT

    Now as in the sixties, library research is not my strong point. I had given
    up locating the 1980s article I remember reading--in Newsweek, Time, US News &
     World Report, or other picture-laden news magazine--that mentioned Perle and
    Cheney among (not just theological) Armageddon-believers in Washington
    political power circles; in fact, I thought, well maybe I misremember. But
    out of the blue, one youngish liberal I know told me, about 2 weeks ago, that
    he remembers a 1988 article in the Progressive mentioning as a believer in
    Armageddon. Of course, both stories come of reportorial judgments. Still,
    given Mr. Bush's "war to end all evildoers," "operation infinite justice"
    (later codename, "operation infinite war"), and the likely expansion of this
    "crusade" to target other Muslim countries--with the likelihood of response,
    of coalition collapse, of destabilization not just in Pakistan (I think of
    those generals in Russia), etc.--can we ignore this possibility.
      I am wondering of any of you have researched this.
      Paula