Re: [sixties-l] Representation of Vietnam draft dodgers/desertersin Canada (fwd)

From: william m mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 17:39:11 EDT

    No, he cannot be prosecuted. With that knowledge, my son returned more
    than a dozen years ago after seventeen years in Canada, and has simply
    led a normal life: gardener, independent landscaper, student, grad
    student, college teacher, university administrator. No sweat.
                                                                    Bill Mandel

    sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu wrote:

> [...]

    My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999), is
    written for the general reader. However, if you teach in the social
    sciences, consider it for course use.  It was written as a social
    history of the U.S. for the past three-quarters of a century through the
    eyes of a participant observer in most progressive social movements (I'm
    84), and of the USSR from the
    standpoint of a Sovietologist (five earlier books) knowing that country
    longer than any other in the profession.  Therefore it is also a history
    of the Cold War.  Positive reviews in The Black Scholar, American
    Studies in Scandinavia, San Francisco Chronicle, forthcoming in Tikkun,
    etc.  Chapters are up at http://www.billmandel.net