Re: [sixties-l] 1967 (fwd)

From: Frank Smith (fsmith@kanokla.net)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 22:00:48 EDT

    > Subject: 1967
    >
    > I am looking for information about interracial marriages in the 1960's particularly 1967.
    >
    > Do you have any suggestions?

    Imanu Amari Baraka's (LeRoi Jones) ex-wife, Hettie Cohen Jones, wrote a book about their
    relationship, "How I became Hettie Jones." I've only heard about it, but she was a very
    bright woman and I expect that book might offer some insights, though they were married in
    the mid-50s. Amari was very involved in organizing in the mid-60s in Jersey City and/or
    Newark.

    E-1