[sixties-l] Over 1 Million Americans Regularly Use Psychedelics (fwd)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 20:39:49 EDT

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:03:18 -0700
    From: radtimes <resist@best.com>
    Subject: Over 1 Million Americans Regularly Use Psychedelics

    From: Alchemind Society <info@alchemind.org>
    Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001

    Report Shows Over 1 Million Americans Regularly Use Psychedelics

    On Thursday October 4, 2001, the US government released the results of
    the 2000 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse, the primary method of
    estimating the prevalence of illicit drug, alcohol and tobacco use in
    the US. According to the Survey, last year roughly 1 million Americans
    were current users of "hallucinogens," meaning that they had used LSD,
    PCP, peyote, mescaline, mushrooms, or MDMA (Ecstasy) during the month
    prior to the interview. This number represents 0.4 percent of the
    population aged 12 and older.

       Read More at: http://www.alchemind.org/topclnews.htm

    HOW TO SUPPORT THE ALCHEMIND SOCIETY
    The Alchemind Society, and our Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics, is
    entirely funded by the contributions of members and allies. Your
    contribution is necessary to continue our efforts to foster cognitive
    freedom and autonomy. All donations are tax-deductible. To become a member
    or to make a donation, please visit:
    http://www.alchemind.org/joinus.htm