Re: [sixties-l] Baby boomers must confront peace vs. war (fwd)

From: Carrol Cox (cbcox@ilstu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 23:52:21 EDT

    As a parent of "baby boomers" rather than one, may I say that the phrase
    was absurd when (I think) Time magazine first made it into a Platonic
    Form, and is absurd now. The category is totally unreal. I begin
    teaching college students (as a teaching fellow) in 1957; I retired in
    1997. There wasn't that much damn difference in the bulk of the students
    at any time. "Generational Images" are almost always based on a very
    small proportion of a given "generation," itself a concept without much
    substance.

    Carrol