Re: [sixties-l] Horowitz' Pro-War Ad

From: Sorrento95@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 16:22:58 EDT

    In a message dated Mon, 1 Oct 2001 4:03:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, monkerud <monkerud@cruzio.com> writes:

    > Brad,
    > The point in such a rebutal is not to convince the person, like
    > Horowitz, that you are addressing, but others who are standing on the
    > sideline listening to the conversation.

    I totally agree.

    I have no hope of convincing Horowitz to change his ways. On this list, I even once reminded him to re-read his own book (from the 60s) The Free World Colossus. He was predictably unmoved.

    The point is to answer the ad for the benefit of others who are still in the process of making up their minds about the issues.

    A fun thing to do by way of answering Horowitz would be to use material from The Free World Colossus. It's actually a pretty good critique of Cold War anticommunism.

     -- Michael Wright
        Norman, Oklahoma

    http://www.stopworldwar3.com/features/wright.shtml