[sixties-l] Book Release Celebration with Kathleen Cleaver

From: radtimes (resist@best.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 16:12:03 EDT

    From: Prison Radio <radioqc@sirius.com>
    Subject: Celebrate the Release
    Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001
    :

    Celebrate the Release of:

    "Imagination, Liberation, and the Black Panther Party" (Routledge)
    Appearances by: Editors Kathleen Cleaver & George Katsiaficas and Emory
    Douglas, and contributors: Christian Davenport, Scott Fleming, Errol A.
    Henderson, PhD, and Victor Wallis.

    &

    "175 Progress Drive" (AT) by Mumia Abu-Jamal produced by HardKnock Radio
    and Prison Radio features the voices of Mumia Abu-Jamal, Bob Marley,
    Hugh Masekela, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Peter Coyote, Assata Shakur, Rubin
    Hurricane Carter, Martin Espada, Michael Franti, Bamuthi, and music by
    "I Was Born With Two Tongues", MUMIA 911 (featuring Chuck D, Zack de la
    Rocha, dead prez, Pharoahe Monch), and Seeds of Wisdom.

    Friday August 31st 7:30pm
    Center for Political Education
    522 Valencia St. (at 16th St.)
    San Francisco
    hosted by Prison Radio
    info:415-648-4505

    Also
    Book Release Celebration with Kathleen Cleaver
    Sunday September 2nd, 6pm
    West Oakland Library
    hosted by Eastside Arts Alliance
    info 510-533-6629

    Books and cds will be available for sale