[sixties-l] "It's About Time" Update

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 16:28:26 EDT

    It's About Time Information Update
    From: "gail shaw" <itsabouttime3@juno.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001

      The summer issue of the It's About Time Newsletter will be out by Monday,
      July 16. It will contain articles about the recent death of comrade
      Warren Wells, an article by Mumia, Angola 3 updates, updates on Fred
      Hampton Jr., information about the Black Panther Party writing contest,
      political prisoners and updates about the Reunion Conference. The
      newsletter will be online the following week: www.itsabouttimebpp.com

      Reunion Updates: We want to thank Sister Marpessa for agreeing to
      facilitate a workshop on the Death Penalty.
      Elton Howard "Big Man", former Deputy Minister of Information of the BPP
      and one of the original Panthers, has agreed to do a workshop on
      Solidarity and the early development of the BPP. Father Earl Neil,
      former spiritual advisor for the BPP, has consented to help with the
      reunion. We would also like to thank the following people for their
      support: Dr. Ron Walter, Political Science Sept. University of Maryland
      - Howard Croft, SEIU Director of Home Health Care and former Chairman of
      UDC Urban Studies Dept. - A.C. Byrd, International Friends & Supporters
      of Mumia Abu-Jamal - Ron Clark, Executive Director, Rap Inc. - Sam
      Jordan, Health Care Now and former Director of Amnesty International's
      Project to Abolish the Death Penalty.

      We have found some good airline rates through the new airline website:
      www.orbitz.com

      We have a block of rooms reserved at Howard Johnson's downtown on
      Connecticut, about 2 miles from the campus and near a Metro station which
      stops at UDC. We have a discount room rate of $89 a night. When you
      call use our ID #1011, It's About Time.

      Please send in your registrations as soon as possible so we can get your
      information packets out as soon as possible. Registration fees for the
      entire conference are $75 and includes all workshops and passes to all
      exhibits and films. Call for information about group rates.

      For more info: D.C. Contact: Sherry Brown, (202) 396-1021, e:mail:
      sbrown643@cs.com
      or It's About Time, P.O. Box 221100, Sacramento, CA 95822, phone: (916)
      455-0908, e-mail: itsabouttime3@juno.com
      or visit our website: itsabouttimebpp.com