[sixties-l] info needed

From: Aneta Misiarz (aneta@altavista.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 04:30:49 EDT

    I am the student of English at Maria Curie ^Skodowska University in Lublin, Poland.

    This year I am writing my MA paper, the seminar is about the sixties in America:

    literature, music, ideas, etc. The subject of my paper is Singing of the Revolution:

    The Music of the 1960s.I devoted the first chapter of my paper to the Civil Rights

    Movement reflected in the lyrics of the sixties' songs. Now I need some lyrics or
    newspaper articles about the role of music in the sixties, or the reflection of political
    and social issues of the decade in the lyrics of the songs. I would be grateful if
    you could e ^ mail some information about it or send some articles (I include my
    address). Especially, I am interested in satire on society, politics, etc. in music,
    "Zappalike" stuff.
    Thanks in advance,
    Aneta Misiarz
    ul. Nadstawna 56 / 23