[sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Black Panther Warren Wells Dies in Hospital

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 22:14:55 EDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Ida Patrice McCray [mailto:idais@best.com]
    Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 11:27 AM
    To: Subject: Comrade Warren William Wells Freed from Prison by Dying

    Warren William Wells Freed
    Died: June 29, 2001
    Born: November 13, 1947
    Legacy: A relentless soldier

    Pls forward to other lists because we need the family to not take this
    financial burden.

    On June 29, 2001 Warren Wells died after having a "minor" surgery. He
    was imprisoned the past 17 years. After the
    surgery he went into cardiac arrest.
    Warren Wells was Sergeant of Arms of The Black Panther Party. He was
    there in the heat of the war the US government
    fought against these young Panthers. Warren was shot and survived, but
    was imprisoned again as he had been the majority
    of his life.

    Warren Wells was a soldier and deserves the highest of respect and
    honor.

    Warren Wells was one of the strongest, fearless and committed brothers I
    have every known. He never sat by and allowed
    anyone to misuse and abuse women. I know for as his friend for almost 40
    years, he fought and defended my mother from the
    tyranny of her husband. He loved life and loved "his" people. He
    never wavered but stood strong.

    We are asking that everyone help the family in these costs. Send your
    check and ask those to ask others to give. Warren
    gave his life to the struggle. We are asking that all of you make
    checks to his mother:

    Marguerite Wells
    c/o Families With A Future/LSPC
    100 McAllister Street Suite 200
    San Francisco, CA 94102

    For further information call (510) 234-9751(evenings Pacific Time) or
    leave message at (415) 255-7036 x320