Re: [sixties-l] rights of return territory sort of thing

From: wmmmandel@earthlink.net
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 18:40:03 EDT

    Do they settle on property TAKEN FROM Palestinians? Do they pay the
    former owners of the land? Is their access via roads blasted through
    Palestinian homes and villages? Is their legal status the same? Above
    all, who the hell asked them to come to the Palestinians' country in the
    first place? The settlers are not Holocaust victims. They weren't even
    born then.
                                    William Mandel

    Do you teach in the social sciences? Consider my SAYING NO TO POWER
    (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999), for course use. It was written as a
    social history of
    the U.S. for the past three-quarters of a century through the eyes of a
    participant
    observer in most progressive social movements (I'm 83), and of the USSR
    from the
    standpoint of a Sovietologist (five earlier books) knowing that country
    longer than any
    other in the profession. Therefore it is also a history of the Cold War.
    Positive reviews
    in The Black Scholar, American Studies in Scandinavia, San Francisco
    Chronicle,
    forthcoming in Tikkun, etc.FOUR CHAPTERS MAY BE READ AT BillMandel.net