[sixties-l] Re: those organizations re the Holocaust

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 18:01:42 EDT

    I don't entirely agree with any of the writers on this list--or, I daresay,
    anywhere else--on everything relating to Israel, Palestinians, Jews, the
    Holocaust, etc.; but I wish to express *much* appreciation for Jeff
    Blankfort's wonderful characterization of those organizations "pimping off"
    the Holocaust. Organizations not solely Jewish, let me add; there seems to be
    a "tolerance" establishment sucking off any noted victims of racism.
      Seriously, is this just part of what happens to NGOs/nonprofits in the cap.
    economy? I think of these interlocking directorates of "boards"--of what is
    happening with the Pacifica stations, or where I work. It is interesting
    that working for nonprofits/NGOs in this social structure can teach you the
    same lessons about class warfare that working for corporations can. --I say
    this as someone who in the sixties became active first in the peace movement
    and whose sense of economic politics has come more of experience than from
    discussions of theory.--
      Paula