[sixties-l] Imam Jamil Al-Amin pleads "Not Guilty."

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 16:41:28 EST

    From: Anisa Rasheed
    Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001

    During his Arraignment on January 19, 2001
    Imam Jamil Al-Amin pleaded "Not Guilty."

    Following is his complete statement of innocence:

    In the Name of ALLAH, the Beneficient, the Merciful

    Praise be to ALLAH, The Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds;
    Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgement.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
    Show us the straight way, the way of those on whom
    Thou has bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion)
    Is not warth, and who go not astray. (1:1-5Q)

    Peace be upon those who do good.

          My name is Imam Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, the former H. Rap Brown.
    I am a devoted servant of ALLAH, and an unwavering devotee to his cause.
    For more that 30 years, I have been tormented and persecuted by my
    enemies for reasons of race and belief. I ... seek truth over a lie; I
    seek justice over injustice; I seek righteousness over the rewards of evil
    doers, and I love ALLAH more than I love the state.

          Their intention is To extinguish ALLAH'S Light (By blowing) with
    their mouths; But ALLAH will complete (The revelation of) His Light
    Even though the Unvelievers May detest (it). (Qu'ran: LXI:8)

          On March 16, 2000, Fulton County Sheriff Deputy Ricky Kinchen
    was killed and Sheriff Aldranon English was shot and injuried in the
    neighborhood where I have lived, worked, and prayed. Indeed, this
    tragedy occurred across the street from the Mosque I founded.

          I have been accused by the State of Georgia of having committeed
    these crimes. Let me declare before the FAMILIES of these men, before
    the STATE, and ANYONE who would care to know the truth, that I am
    INNOCENT of the 13 charges that have been brought against me. Let
    me also declare that I am joined at the heart with his widow and her
    children at the loss of a husband and father. I drink from the same
    bitter cup of sorrow as the siblings at the loss of a beloved brother.
    I am powerless to do anything to ease your pain and suffering except
    pray that ALLAH comforts you in your hour of need and grants you peace
    for the remainder of your days.

    I have been maliciously maligned, scandalized and vilified in the
    press by the police establishment before the court of world opinion
    even before I was charged with any crime. They have sought to
    marginalize my humanity and humiliate my family. They have done
    their level best to reduce me to a one-dimensional monster that is
    a composite of a Black Panther with a negative connotation, a cop
    killer, and the fictional character of the Godfather.

    I am no monster. I am a human being created by ALLAH and am an
    instrument of his purpose. I am entitled to every right and every
    consideration as every other human being including fairness, a fair
    trial, and the presumption of innocence.

          Fulton County District Attorney, Paul Howard, as a
    representative of the state, has asked for my death. Mr. Howard
    can have my death based on the power of the state, but not on the
    basis of justice. He can only have my death because my life belongs
    to ALLAH and He alone in life and in death will deliver me from my
    tormentors and persecutors. I will pray for those who despitefully
    abuse me because of power, prestige, or blind ambition, for they
    must face the ultimate bar of justice and face the judge of judges
    and answer the question, "By what right and whose permission did
    you ask for death of this human being, and my devoted servant?"

    IMAM JAMIL