Re: [sixties-l] Tourane Viet Nam (fwd)

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 14:01:50 EST

    My own oposition to Viet Nam was fueled by my reading of the US Army Area
    Handbook on Viet Nam, which I read around 1966 or 67. I don't have a copy
    now, but a reading of the book implies that the US could not win a war
    there and that the Viet people had always been independent and would remain
    so...

    best, Don