Re: [sixties-l] Fwd: America Sleeps As Civil Rights Leaders Struggle

From: William M. Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/07/01

    I simply don't know whether the public is asleep on the election-discrimination
    issue. I do know that the mass media, as well as Congress at its obscene
    love-fest the other day after months of screaming accusations at each other for
    election purposes, would like us to forget this election, and permit them to go
    ahead with the normal business of governing for the rich. It is our job to make
    sure that neither the media nor Congress can go on doing that, and expressing
    ourselves in Washington on inauguration day looks is the immediate opportunity
    to do that.

    William Mandel