[sixties-l] Re: Vietnam War or views of enemies

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: 01/03/01

    This may be esoteric, but in the early/mid 1970s Gregory Bergman, in
    Berkeley, wrote several essays on views of the (Communist) and, earlier,
    (Catholic) "enemy" by many American/s/groups.  These appeared in the
    nationwide magazine Christian Century and a Franciscan magazine based in the
    SF Bay Area (I forget the name), I believe.  They give some good general
    concepts, with many examples, of the use of language for dehumanization.
    Paula