Re: [sixties-l] Wake-up call vs. Bedtime for Democracy

From: StewA@aol.com
Date: 12/21/00

    In a message dated 12/21/0 11:12:36 PM, epm2@lehigh.edu writes:

    << As for practicalities, that first
    means that the scope of the potential progressive coalition is far broader
    than
    what Stew suggests when he speaks of labor, blacks, and women.  How about the
    environmentally-concerned majority?   >>

    I did not say that Blacks,women and labor were the whole of the progressive
    coalition. My point was that this particular coalition exists within the
    Democratic Party and I want it to become more powerfull within the Democratic
    Party. Of course labor and environmentalists have also formed coalitions and
    of course - the greens and pinks should come together. I believe the
    Naderites should come back to the Democratic Party because that is where they
    can exercise the most constructive power. By all means let the pro-democracy
    movement be as strong and united as possible.--Stew