[sixties-l] Gore Concedes :)

From: Jerry West (record@island.net)
Date: 12/19/00

    Got this funny from my friend Cliff Boldt in Union Bay.  Who knows where
    it came from originally.

    Subject: From  Al Gore's Trash Can

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 1st Draft ***
    Good evening, my fellow Americans:  Tonight we come to the end of a long
    road and the start of a new one.  Having exhausted all avenues of appeal
    in the U.S. and Florida, my legal team has filed a claim in the
    International Court of Justice seeking to overturn the Florida election
    Crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 2nd Draft****
    Good evening, my fellow Americans:  Tonight, in the spirit of national
    unity and despite being the undisputed winner of the popular vote
    crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 3rd Draft ****
    Good evening, everyone.  Many of you no doubt know what it feels like to
    get royally shafted.  Crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 4th Draft ***
    Good evening, my fellow Americans.  Although it is the opinion of my
    attorneys and myself that I do not fit the legal definition of a "loser"
    crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 5th Draft ***
    Good evening, my fellow Americans.  Approximately 12 million light years
    ago, when I was first dispatched to your planet from Zolloid 9 crumple
    crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 6th Draft  ***
    My fellow Americans:  I can't do this.  I just can't do this.  Crumple
    crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 7th Draft ***
    Hello, my fellow Americans.  It's been a long and difficult month for me
    and, indeed, for the entire nation.  But the time has come for us all to
    throw our enthusiastic support behind our next president, George W.  Bu,
    BbbBahoo.  (laugh)  Pardon me.  Let me try that again:  President George
    W.  Buh, Buh.  FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, PEOPLE!  HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO PUNCH
    OUT A FREAKING CARDBOARD HOLE IN A BALLOT!  MORONS!  Crumple crumple
    crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 8th Draft ***
    My fellow Americans, in light of recent unfavorable court decisions, it
    has come to my understanding that a majority of you want to turn the
    country over to a recovering alcoholic and functional illiterate.
    Crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 9th Draft (folksy approach) ***
    Good evening, my fellow Americans.  You know, when I was young boy
    frolicking on the zero-gravity ash fields of Zolloid 9, it never
    occurred to me when I downloaded the human emotion coding sequences.
    Crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 10th Draft ***
    Good evening, my fellow Americans.  Have you ever known someone who took
    something from a store without paying for it?  That's called "stealing",
    and in America stealing is a crime.  Crumple crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 11th Draft ***
    My fellow Americans, most of you probably know how to count.  One.  Two.
    Three.  And so on.  See?  It's not that difficult.  (Smile).  So can
    someone please explain to me why the state of Florida. . . .  Crumple
    crumple crumple

    Al Gore Concession Speech, 12 Draft ***
    Good evening, everyone.  Generally speaking, civil war is never a good
    thing.  But there are times. . . .  Ah, forget it.

    --
    Jerry West
    Editor/publisher/janitor