Re: [sixties-l] (fwd) speaking of 'coups'

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: 12/17/00

    all of this theory is great to speculate about but the fact was driven home
    in this election: anyone who can't walk and talk and appeal on TV will not
    win American elections. Kennedy proved that and this election nailed the
    point home, if people didn't get it with Clinton.

    Not that I agree with it, or like it, but being able to appear well on TV
    is part of today's political landscape.

    Gore loosened up for the FIRST time during his concession speech and he
    still wasn't nearly as relaxed and didn't come across as a real human being
    as the former coke addict.

    best, Don