Re: [sixties-l] Re: coup coup coup

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: 12/16/00

    While we may be critical of the Supreme Court decision, I wonder if this
    doesn't play directly into the right wing's hands. The conservative
    Republicans, and Bush, want a smaller Federal Government, something like
    what existed during Coolridge's time.

    And with their minority, which can only win elections by outspending the
    Democrats something like $100 million this time around, if they can
    discourage people from voting, it gives their votes more clout.

    best, Don