[sixties-l] Re: Israel etc.

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: 12/09/00

    Jeff--you are correct, you misinterpreted at least some of my point.  I
    definitely did not mean that the Israel attack on the US ship was something
    trivial, but that I find recurrent incidents or patterns of violence are
    likely to tell us more of more significance.  In any case, I thought this an
    interesting point of forgotten history, as I think I mentioned.
      As for your more serious point--re whether we should just stand around
    while the US still arms Israel, etc.--no no no, my point is, we need 1)
    instead of just critiquing, to forge alliances and support for the
    progressive and pro-peace groups among Israelis (and Arab Palestinians), 2)
    and to genuinely feel for the people concerned. I think I've posted these
    points before, actually.
       Paula