Re: [sixties-l] Who recalls FSM's impact on other campuses?

From: William M. Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/07/00

    There can be no question of the fact that FSM influenced student activities nationwide.
    However, the fact that Oberlin's political party called itself SLATE refers back to well before
    FSM. SLATE at UC Berkeley was founded in the late '50s, and was particularly active in
    1960-1964. FSM replaced it as the focus of student organizing in consequence of the spontaneous
    sit-down of students around a police car seeking to take a leader off campus.
                                                                    William Mandel