[sixties-l] "Dear Sisters: Dispatches from the Women's Liberation Movement"

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: 12/06/00

    Dear Sisters: Dispatches from the Women's Liberation Movement

    Synopsis
    This rich collection of original materials provides a lens through which to
    view women's liberation, the most influential social movement in the
    history of the United States.
    Today's women are so comfortable in their authority that they often forget
    to credit the women's liberation
    movement of the 1960s and '70s for paving the way, from the kitchen to the
    boardroom, from sexual
    harassment to self-defense, from cheerleading on the sidelines to playing
    center on the team. Distinguished scholars and active participants in the
    movement, Linda Gordon and Rosalyn Baxandall have collected a colorful
    array of documentssongs, leaflets, cartoons, position papers, that
    illustrate the range of people, places, organizations, and ideas that made
    up the movement.
    Dear Sisters chronicles historical change in such broad areas as health,
    work, and family, and captures
    the subtle humor, unceasing passion, and overwhelming diversity that
    defined the women's liberation
    movement.

    From:
    THE BOOK CLUB Katha Pollitt and Erik Tarloff
    The case for feminist radicals.
    <http://go.msn.com/newsletter3817/10325.asp>