Re: [sixties-l] Re: Nader Fiasco

From: Sorrento95@aol.com
Date: 11/29/00

    All this Third Party stuff ain't goin'
    nowhere unless we get rid of the winner-
    take-all single member district system
    and change it to multi-member districts
    and proportional representation.

    Commenting on the American situation,
    Friedrich Engels recognized this in
    1893, in a letter to a colleague.  Earlier
    I quoted from it on this list.

    Too bad the American left never has
    caught up with Engels.

    As for me, I ain't shedding any tears
    over the evil of two lessors not getting
    elected, and I think it's really strange
    to see leftists gnashing their teeth over
    this.

    ~~ Michael Wright
      Norman, Oklahoma