[sixties-l] Education for Action

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: 11/15/00

    Cross-posted from another list -- please copy any replies to Nancy
    From: "Nancy Fitch" <nfitch@fullerton.edu>
    Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:43:56 -0800

    I am posting this to assist a former student who is seeking information for
    a book on progressive education.  Please let her know about what you are
    doing.  Nancy Fitch, History, California State University, Fullerton,
    nfitch@fullerton.edu

    I am currently editing the latest edition of Education for Action, a
    guide to college and university academic departments and programs with a
    progressive orientation. The book is published by Food First, a think
    tank located in Oakland, California and concerned with issues of hunger,
    development, and social justice. The fields covered as of the previous
    edition are agriculture, anthropology, area studies (Africa, Asia, Latin
    America), development/international relations, economics, education,
    environment, ethnic studies, geography, history, human rights, law,
    peace studies, political science, public health/nutrition, sociology,
    urban planning, and women's studies. I am seeking information on
    interdisciplinary programs as well as formal departments.

    Can you by any chance suggest some history programs in the United
    States--graduate or undergraduate--that are notably strong in the study
    of history from below, Marxist history, history of disfranchised
    peoples, or any other interpretation of the phrase "radical history"
    that you deem relevant that I might have omitted?

    Many thanks,

    Joan Powell <joanpowell@earthlink.net>