Re: [sixties-l] Stop the theft of the elections >

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: 11/14/00

    I agree with Ted Morgan that any attempt to eliminate the Electoral
    College should be part of a campaign for wholesale reform
    of an election process that is, at this point, inherently undemocratic
    at its every stage. That's why I am disheartened (but not surprised) by
    the emotional displays of outrage by people who should know better at
    the appearance of people being denied the opportunity to select which
    one of two corporate shills will have the job of distributing the spoils
    created by the system to those who don't need to vote to get the lion's
    share.Ted Morgan wrote:

    I also agree with Michael Rossmann who suggested that had the vote gone
    the other way, we would have seen the Bush side clamoring for "justice"
    with those now complaining telling the Bushie's to be the good sports
    and accept the "verdict."  Certainly, the traveling salesman for the
    DNC, Jesse Jackson, wouldn't be there.

    Jeff Blankfort