[sixties-l] dog burning/Free Schoo

From: RozNews@aol.com
Date: 11/13/00

    Michael, you are right , I now remember a connection between the Free School
    and Dog Burning at Noon film.   Maybe it is not a Newsreel film or perhaps a
    Newsreel member made it,  we used the Free School as a meeting place.
    Walter Teague is on  this list .   Walter,  Do you have a memory of this?
    Im friends with Sharon and will call her.

    Thanks , roz payne

    < From: "Michael Garrison" <mgarrison@localaccess.com>
    Subject: Re: [sixties-l] Dog Burning at Noon
    I remember this film talked about at the Free University of New York.  It
    was produced before my time there and had some connection, did it not, with
    the Free School?  I was under the impression that it won some kind of an
    award for student/youth film-making.  It was one of the library of films
    that members took around the country  with them for showings.  Others were
    Vietnamese films brought home by Staughten Lynd from his trip to
    North-Vietnam.  I took these films to St. Louis once and to Toronto and
    Boston
    "teach-ins".   Perhaps someone associated with the Free U. such as Walter
    Taegue or Sharon Krebs might know where a copy is.  Were they saved  when
    the Free U. broke up?>