[sixties-l] Re: more bad cops / radical drug persecution

From: Michael Rossman (mrossman@igc.org)
Date: 11/12/00

    Roz smiles with warm memories, as sweet righteous images of the carnival of
    ways our community was persecuted flutter  from her wordprocesser like random
    autumn leaves, rich with sombre tones. Lest my own tone be mistaken, no
    mockery here, just warmth. But I'm looking for leaves of particular color and pattern.

    To be precise again: From the mid-1960s through the early 1970s, arrest for
    marijuana and psychedelics use was a primary method of disrupting and
    suppressing many varieties of activism. Whether the drugs were planted or not
    is in one sense irrelevant, for as Roz observes, any such arrest was a
    political repression; yet the difference between these catagories remains
    interesting and important. In the absence (so far as I know) of any
    more-systematic treatment of this theme,
     I'm looking for specific anecdotes of both kind of disruptive arrest -- in
    textual form, as precise citations of published literature, or via references
    to people who know more about particular incidents.

    		Michael Rossman  <mrossman@igc.org>