Re: [sixties-l] stop the theft of the election

From: Mark Bunster (mbunster@saturn.vcu.edu)
Date: 11/08/00

    I love Michael Moore, but he's wrong on this one. To equate the reasoned
    deliberations of the founders with the yahoos who passed crazy civil
    regulation laws, does the former a grave disservice. They knew what they
    were doing. You can't change it just because your guy didn't win. If the
    situation were reversed, as it was much more likely to have been the
    predicted outcome, lefties all over the country would have shrugged their
    shoulders and said, "Hey, that's the breaks. Gotta respect the
    Constitution, eh, right wingers?"

    Gore knew he wasn't running on the popular vote. That he might lose is
    entirely his fault, and not a subversion of the will of the people.

    But God I hope a couple electors get a conscience attack...