Re: [sixties-l] Rebels with a Cause-quick review

From: Sorrento95@aol.com
Date: 11/08/00

    In a message dated 11/8/00 2:16:21 AM EST,
    Ron Jacobs <rjacobs@zoo.uvm.edu> writes:

    >the infiltration and disruption of predominantly
    >white organizations like SDS was not taken seriously
    >among many activists, even after the police riots
    >at the Chicago Democratic convention in 1968 and
    >the subsequent indictments of the eight radicals
    >known as the Chicago Conspiracy on a gamut of
    >federal charges.

    And, judging by all the flak I have endured on
    this list for having made the statement, "repression
    against political dissent is color-blind," it's
    still not being taken seriously !

     ~ Michael Wright
       Norman, Oklahoma
       Chairman, University of Oklahoma SDS, 67-68