Re: [sixties-l] yippies/feminist

From: StewA@aol.com
Date: 11/03/00

    Bill
    Gem Spa, and Ratner's were our special Yippie hangouts. There were still
    plenty of candy stores in the Lower East Side area and egg creams were not a
    novelty. But I can, having grown up on them on Ave. U in Brooklyn, declare
    that Gem Spa's were the best. A word of about Ratner's and their grumpy
    waiters. They were always nice to the Yippies, "Abbie, why can't you act like
    a mench?" - And they gave us plenty of free rolls and whatever else - when we
    came bouncing and kibitzing in there late at night.
    Stew
    http://hometown.aol..com/stewa/stew.html