[sixties-l] Re: BARNEY FRANK ON NADER

From: Bill Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/03/00

    Barney Frank's letter to Nader is cogent, well-reasoned, and
    factual to the best of my knowledge. I am voting for Nader, although I
    have been most actively engaged in the struggle for African-American
    rights since I was seventeen (see Black Scholar review of my "Saying
    No To Power"), and literally a founding member of the women's
    liberation movement. I have supported the struggle on behalf of gays
    and lesbians since it began, although not active in it.
       Nader is not perfect. He arrived at understanding the need for a
    people's party after decades of working for his goals through the
    existing machinery of government, supplementing his remarkable and
    successful appeals to public opinion. He is learning about other
    issues and growing, right in this election campaign. The fact that
    polls show him with eleven per cent of the gay vote, substantially
    higher than his share of the total vote, indicates that a considerable
    number of GLBT people understand the issue of overall progressivism
    and building a party that will ALWAYS be on their side better than
    Barney Frank does. That is the issue.
    																																					Bill Mandel