[sixties-l] (Please Forward) PROTEST NETWORK ARROGANCE: DON'T COOPERATE WITH EXIT POLLING

From: Marty Jezer (mjez@sover.net)
Date: 11/02/00

    PROTEST NETWORK ARROGANCE:
    DON'T COOPERATE WITH EXIT POLLING

    The nation's TV networks have stated that they will declare the winners of
    Tuesday's election on the basis of their exit polls even before the polls are
    closed.  This is a gross violation of the public trust and public ownership of
    the airwaves. As in 1976, it could deter people from voting in the Western
    States and influence the outcome of the election.

    This is an arrogant abuse of power and should be protested.  Do not cooperate
    with exit polls in your voting district. Forward this message to friends and
    family.  Let's use the internet to uphold democracy.

    Marty Jezer

    Marty Jezer * 22 Prospect Street * Brattleboro, Vermont 05301 *  website:
    <http://www.sover.net/~mjez
    Subscribe to my Friday commentary (it's free), just send me your e-mail address
    by reply